I wanted to start the year 2022 on a positive note. HOWEVER, what I did not mean by being tested positive for Covid. Must have been a small misunderstanding with the universe. So instead of celebrating new year’s eve with our friends, we got to celebrate in our pajamas at home. On the bright side, that meant that it was time for my mother’s homemade chicken soup. There is nothing that brings you back on your feet as fast as this soup.
My mother, who was born and raised in Poland, served them to us a lot when we were little and it was always a favorite with me and my siblings.
There are as many different recipes for Rosoł as there are polish mothers and everyone will claim that their mom’s chicken soup is the best.
So do I and that’s why I didn’t want to deprive you of this super simple dish; so here is the recipe for authentic homemade Polish Chicken Soup(Rosoł):
P.S. Any leftovers of the soup you can use for polish pierogi! So check out grandma’s recipe for polish pierogi!
Polish Chicken Soup
- 1 Kg Chicken Pieces on the bone
- 250 g Beef on the bone
- 1 Celery Root
- 1 Leek
- 5 Carrots
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Salt and peper
- ½ Package Soup noodles
- Parsley to garnish
- Heat 3L of water with 1-2 tablespoons of salt in a big pot. Add the meat into the pot and let it simmer for about an hour, skim off anything that accumulates on the surface.
- In the meantime, wash and peel the carrots and celery and clean and trim the leek. Put the vegetables and the bay leaves into the water and let it simmer for another two hours.
- Wash the parsley and cook the soup noodles separately according to the instructions on the package. Rinse the noodles and season the soup with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour the soup through a sieve into your bowl and serve with cut-up carrots and chicken from the soup, the noodles, and a little parsley. Smacznego!